Building/Contents Insurance

Get In Touch

Protecting your home from the unexpected

Home insurance offers the peace of mind that your house is covered against fire, theft, floods and natural disasters, and can be broken down into two areas – buildings insurance and contents insurance. 

Buildings insurance is an insurance policy that covers the financial costs of repairing physical damage to your property. This includes the roof, floors and walls, as well as any fitted or permanent kitchens – such as a fitted kitchen. A typical policy will cover damage that is out of the homeowner’s control, such as flooding, fires, explosions, vandalism or storm damage. However, it’s important to consult an expert to ensure that you are getting the best coverage.

In most cases, buildings insurance is a requirement for your mortgage. Not having a policy in place could put your mortgage and new home purchase at risk. 

As for contents insurance, this policy is essential for anyone wishing to cover the items inside your home that are not part of the structure – such as carpets, curtains, furniture and your major appliances such as TVs, fridges and washing machines.Typically, you will be covered against fire, theft and water damage, but like all insurances, this can vary from policy to policy.

How Can We Help

When it comes to buildings and contents insurance, it is hard to know which policy is right for you. Often, buildings and contents insurance is treated as a combined insurance that will cover all of the areas mentioned above, but with so many options to choose from, it can be very easy to feel overwhelmed.

At Crawford Mulholland, our expertise in the home insurance sector is second to none. Whether you opt to combine buildings and contents insurance or need individual advice, we will walk you through the process step-by-step, breaking down the jargon, assessing your requirements and pointing you in the right direction. All of our products are five star Defaqto rated, so you can be sure that they are among the highest quality offerings on the market. 

If you’re a homeowner, there’s a building and contents insurance policy that’s perfect for you and we have the skills to help you find it. Contact us today for a free initial appointment. In just a few minutes, we can go through your details over the phone and give you an indication of the options that are available to you. Call us now on 02890 665544 to set up an appointment.

Get In Touch