Home insurance offers peace of mind that your house is covered against things such as fire, theft, floods and natural disasters.

Let’s put this simply. If you have a home, then you need home insurance.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance is an insurance policy that covers the financial cost of repairing damage to the physical structure of a property in the event of damage or theft. This includes the roof, floors and walls, as well as any fitted or permanent fixtures (i.e. a fitted kitchen).

The cause of the damage is important. A typical policy will cover the holder from damage which is out of their control, and may include (without being limited to) the following:

  • Flooding;
  • Fires and arson;
  • Explosions;
  • Malicious damage and vandalism;
  • Storm damage, and that from falling trees..

But, with so many different policies available, it can sometimes be hard to know which one is right for you and what it actually covers you for.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance, on the other hand, covers all of the items in your house, which are not ‘fixed’ to the property: carpets, curtains, furniture, for example, or your major appliances, such as your TVs, fridge or freezer. It also covers fire, theft and water damage.

With contents insurance, should anything go wrong, your stolen or damaged goods will be replaced or repaired.

Why it's so important

Contrary to what many of our people think, buildings insurance is not a ‘will I or won’t I?’ type of insurance. Some mortgage providers actually insist that you have this type of insurance when you take out a mortgage with them.

Very often, buildings and contents insurance is treated as a combined insurance that will cover or repair any damage that might occur to your home or its contents.

As with any type of insurance, however, many of our clients feel overwhelmed by information overload. What type of locks are required? How much cover is required? It can be a minefield.

The good news is that the market has definitely become much more competitive over the last ten years. There is now a wide range of companies offering comprehensive cover that meets a varied range of needs.

But where do you start?

That’s where we come in.

How we can help

At Crawford Mulholland, our expertise in this sector is second to none.

We walk you through the process step by step, listening to your needs, assessing your requirements and pointing you in the right direction.All of our products are five-star, de facto rated, so you know that you’re in good hands.

Our USP is that, when it comes to being safe and secure in your own home, with Crawford Mulholland, you can rest insured.

If you’re a home owner, there’s a building and contents insurance policy that’s perfect for you. Contact us today for a free initial appointment. In just a few minutes, we can go through your details over the phone and give you an indication of the options that are available to

Call us now on 02890 665544 to set up an appointment

Right Move

Right Mortgage

Right Advice